Paying for PCA Services

Home health care PCA Services can be provided through:

  • A Fee-for-Service Program

Fee-for-service means your health care providers bill DHS for your health care services.  This is Medical Assistance

  • Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver Programs

This means PCA services are rendered through a HCBS waiver program as Extended PCA Waiver services. 

  • Pre-paid Health Plans

Health care services are rendered through a health plan.  This is also known as managed care  or Minnesota Care.  You can choose your health plan from those serving your county. 


As noted above, PCA services are a benefit available to individuals on Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare.   Click the links above to learn more.  To apply for medical Assistance, complete a Minnesota Health Care Programs application to deliver or mail to your county or tribal office.   There are different applications available based on your needs.  If you require assistance in determining which form you should complete based on your needs, contact your county or tribal office or the MHCP Member Help Desk.


Individuals who do not qualify for Medical Assistance may still qualify for PCA Services under the Alternative Care program.  Alternative Care is a state-funded program that pays for home and community-based services for people age 65 years and older who require the level of care provided in a nursing home, choose to live in the community and are not yet financially eligible for Medical Assistance.  Click here for additional information on Alternative Care.  


Office Address
Hours of Operation

8710 Old Carriage Court, Suite #200

Shakopee, MN 55379

Phone:  (651)998-2400  Fax: (651)374-8288

Monday thru Friday

 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Office Visits & Meetings By Appointment Only

© CarePoint Home Health, LLC